Re: A reoccuring dream...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ MzChaos' Message Board ]

Posted by Chris on December 08, 19103 at 12:07:40:

In Reply to: A reoccuring dream... posted by KC on September 22, 19103 at 12:10:41:

I have been out of college for many years and also have this dream (including all the varieties you mentioned) several times a year. In fact, I had one last month. I don't expect they will end.

The congitive areas that assign meaning to the regular firing of brainstem synapses during REM can pull "data" from long term memory as readily as short term memory.
Another example of this: my mother remembers having a re-occuring dream of forgetting her high school locker combination throughout her adulthood.
REM dreams can also pull long term memories that we can't access while awake! (Google "hypermnesic dream" for more details).

chrishibbard7@yahoo.com

: I have this reoccuring dream of where I forget or miss a final exam. Even worse in some of these dreams, I discover at the end of term that a whole class had been registered for and that I never attended any of the classes.
:
: These dreams started when I was in the final years of university. Why do I still have these dreams 10 years later? How do these dreams relate to my life now?

: I would appreciate any feedback on this.

:
: Thank you,
: KC
: auco@globalserve.net

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title: